On the island of Santorini, in Cyclades, Greece, at Messaria
village, only 3 km from Fira town and 2 km from Monolithos beach,
stands ARCHONTIKO ARGYROU, Guest House and Private Museum. In
1888 George Argyros, landowner and wine-merchant, builds on the
top of a traditional house this neoclassic mansion and decorates
it with wall paintings, furniture and ornaments. In 1956 a big
earthquake destroys part of the building and leaves it uninhabitable
for thirty five years.
Lots of appreciation to Travel
to Santorini for the text and the photos.